View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 12:31 PM
borntoquilt

Bear Paw in CDA is on the list of the 10 BEST Quilt shops (what year I don't know!) I was just there yesterday. In addition to lots of beautiful well priced fabric, there are lots of classes to take, friendly staff and lots of different needle work. I DO want to say that the repairman at the Bear Paw is excellent... I live in NW WA on the Canadian border but when I come to visit my daughter in CDA and son in Sandpoint I always bring a machine with me to have him service. Half the price of sending it to Seattle and I don't have to be without my machine for so long. (usually takes 2 weeks to get my machine back from Seattle) Plus I TRUST him !! Bear Paw is also a Bernina dealer! There r plenty of good quilt shops in Spokane (about 20 minute drive West!) Hobby Lobby and JoAnn at the Valley Mall, Spokane. Heading North to Sandpoint, I found another quilt shop on Fontaine Dr. just off HWY 95 south of the McDonalds just 2 days ago! I didn't spend much time there as we were headed elsewhere but it looked as if she had a good assortment.. Continue North on HWY 95. There are 3 Quilt shops in Bonners Ferry, ID.. I have not visited them either but a friend of mine was a first time visitor there just last week and was impressed. Also, there are quite a few ladies in the CDA area on this quilt board. Several years ago I had a "meet n greet breakfast" with 8 QB members who live in Montana... After breakfast we went to a Big Quilt Show in Spokane.... fun bunch of ladies.. Hope this helps ! enjoy !