View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 11:47 AM
romille

Default I want to make a Storm at Sea lap quilt

Recently I have come across Storm at Sea, which is apparently one of those classic quilt patterns that are hard to find a pattern for? And all the blocks I seem to find for it are 12", but I would want something smaller for the small quilt. 6" seems preferable, or 9".

There are a few variations out there too. So far this is the best page I have come across for it, and I want to make one like the second picture:
http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...sea-quilt.html

Over all, I am having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around this. It took me a little bit to figure out that when the photo caption said "6x8" blocks it wasn't talking about size, it was talking about the number of blocks. Sigh. I don't know if it is me or the way this page is written. I also have no idea how much fabric I would need, and I am not sure what size the blocks finish to. From the look of the PDF template, I think they would be 9x9. I do really like the idea of paper piecing it though, sounds much easier than all the measuring and cutting angles like that would require.

Does anyone have a better tutorial out there?

Last edited by romille; 06-18-2015 at 11:54 AM.