View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 07:35 PM
ArchaicArcane

Oooh! I didn't think about the soldering iron! I LOVE that idea!

ETA: DH managed to get the whole hook shaft out that I was fighting with so we have clearance to do anything now.

He's is outside with it at the moment trying an easy out (left handed bit thing). I gave up personally when I couldn't get the drill bit that you need to tap with to go anywhere. So my way of adding "omph" today is by adding DH

It's the drill bit part that always makes me curse. I should have been able to test sew tonight but now that he's got the hook shaft out... uh probably not. It cleaned up OK but doesn't have a bobbin case or a light fixture and the light wiring is damaged. Too costly I think to fix so it will likely either be parted or used for my "road show" as the tear down machine instead of my own personal featherweight.

I'm hoping to keep the threads though because it may be for parts. If it's not for parts, technically I don't need to remove the hook - I'd just like to get some of the caught threads out that I couldn't by "wiggling" (no,.. the handwheel - not me!) and tugging the thread ends at the same time. This poor little machine is the dirtiest I've ever dealt with. And itchy dirty. Good grief!

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 06-18-2015 at 07:36 PM. Reason: See Blue