View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 06:41 AM
Billi

Hmmm I know this started as a whats your best "not to do" advice column. I didn't think I really had any till reading this and threads in the past and what struck me was some of the sadness too messy, too much, too overwhelming, too crowded..etc etc etc. what I have to say is if it makes you sad, overwhelmed or anxious, if you have to much stuff it's time to go in and clear out the things you are done with even if you never used them. Do it without guilt sell it, donate it if no one wants it trash it, even if it was a gift is it important to keep it just because great aunt Ida or cousin Mary gave it to you? Would they want it to cause you grief or pain? sometimes we just have to make room for ourselves to feel comfortable in our space and to do that sometimes we must part with things. Nothing should be safe from you looking at it and deciding if its something you want to keep, will you use it in the next 12 months? Does it bring you joy? Is it useful in your quilting/sewing space? does it work? if your answer is no it need to go.

So I guess my advice is never allow the "stuff" associated with quilting bring you down.