View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 08:36 AM
willferg

Originally Posted by alderdweller View Post
After some time in my sewing room, I am starting to see results that I love. What I thought would really hurt me in giving away so much, has actually freed me. I feel lighter and happier!
I know just how you feel. When I first started quilting, I never said no to fabric or any quilty thing. My quilting mentor told me she only bought fabric for specific projects, and she unloaded a lot of scraps on me (which I loved, don't get me wrong). I understand people who say you can't have too much fabric, because that was me once.

Now I am further along in my journey, and I have so much fabric that it paralyzes me at times. I have given lots away and felt freer. My goal now is to stop myself from saying, "I could do something with that fabric some day," and setting it aside. Now, I want to say, "I love that fabric and it will be perfect for this project!" I already have enough fabric I love to last a long time, so I want to move away from "some day" stuff.

And scraps, I put in a box and offer up for free here on the board. Some people don't have access to fabric as easily as others, and they love scrappy, so it's a match made in heaven and makes me feel good.