Thread: Retreat gifts
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Wonnie

I made myself an index card holder. Yes, I did make notes and use post- its but kept forgetting them when I left the house! My finished one is 3 1/2" x 5 1/4" and is filled with 3" x 5" plain index cards. It has a fold-over flap which is included in the finished measurements above and it is closed with a strip of velcro on the underside of the flap edge and a corresponding strip on the holder itself. And I secured the velcro with my BFF, Alene's "OK TO SEW IT". So what do I use it for? One card has a list of books that I hear about and want to check out or purchase from tbe book store or library because, otherwise when I get there I draw a complete blank! One has strictly patterns I want to look at. One has email addresses of people I meet at the LQS. One has addresses of people I occasionly send cards to and can never remember their zip codes so I can just address it and drop it in the mail on my way home ( otherwise it never gets sent!). One is for grocery items I ran out of. One is for yarn I need for a new project...........well, you get the idea.