Old 06-21-2015, 05:01 AM
janRN

Very nice, QNS, and I agree with Jeanie--looks complicated trying to keep all colors in their correct place.

Yesterday was DGD's graduation party. She's such a sweetheart (I'm not biased LOL) and always refers to herself and her group of friends as the Nerd Crew. They were all so polite and interesting, talking about college plans and majors. What a diverse group: black, white, dread-locked, purple hair, hippie clothes, piercings/no piercings, stylish clothes/vintage clothing, etc., each an individual. It was fun being around young people with goals other than playing the latest video game. I hope they all do well.

Usually at grad parties around here the menu is similar: a barbeque, fried chicken, picnic fare. DIL decided to do a taco bar. Lots of prep the day before but little to worry about during the party. And everyone loved it. MrJan & I went up early to help set up, partied awhile, came home then went back afterwards to help clean up. Again, easy to do--she used those large disposable aluminum pans so only a few crockpots and bowls to wash. And there were very few leftovers. I may try something like that for my friends at our next get-together.

Only downside was rain--and more rain! We've had rain for the past 8 days and we're getting more this week. Can't even walk in the yard--it's like a swamp. Neighbors are bailing out basements and driving is an adventure trying to avoid standing water. It could be worse--it could be snow LOL!!!

Sorry, this was one of my longer posts but wanted to share my happy day with all of you.