View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Monale

Thanks for all the links for machine cover patterns! I had a look at some and then decided to design my own... I guess I treat sewing patterns like I do cooking recipes: I need/love them for inspiration but never stick to them...

The machine still technically belongs to my mom but is on "semi-permanent loan" to me. Already when I was 20 years old, I wanted no other machine than this one. I used to try to persuade my mom to buy one of those fancy new machines and she would just laugh because she knew exactly my reasoning behind: I would then take her old one! But she also loves her Bernina 830 and didn't want another machine. My sister also had set her eyes on this machine, but thankfully for me, she bought an identical one second hand a few years ago, so ever since my mom's machine is designated to be mine, although I'd much rather have my mom for many more years than really inherit the machine! Nowadays, my mom doesn't do much sewing anymore but mainly mending clothes for what she now has to come over to my place (it used to be the other way round...).