View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Luci177

I bought the sailboat design from a vendor on ETSY called FunStitch. It was less than $4 and it was sent to me via email attachment. I downloaded design to a memory card and then to my machine. I used unbleached muslin and bits of fabric for sailboats. I had lots of fun stitching out the design in all kinds of color combinations until I found what I liked. I squared the stitched designs to 6 1/2 inches, solely because that was the size template I had. There is no particular pattern, it is very simple, as the embroidery is the star. When I quilted it, I outline stitched the sailboats and then did some meandering and then outline stitched the muslin. I used fabric from my stash and finally got to use the blue gingham that was left over from a Dorothy dress (wizard of Oz) I made for my granddaughter for Halloween four years ago. She LOVED that dress, so glad the leftovers are going to make someone happy. =sue z q;7231347]Can you give us some information about the pattern and where to get the embroidery design? I really like your sailboats/sailboat quilt.[/QUOTE]