View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Jim's Gem

So one week before Christmas I decided I would make aprons for all the ladies in my family. I had dh pull out all my old Christmas fabrics, most of which I would not use in a quilt (JoAnn's Purchases many years ago)
Mind you, I had shoulder surgery Nov 6 on my right arm (I'm right handed) and was still in a sling until the 21st of December.
I made 9 aprons. It near killed me! Cutting the fabrics was the toughest part. I would make a cut, go sit and stretch my arm, make another, etc. Pressing was tough as well.
I can't believe I got them all done and everyone except DD#3 was surprised. I did have her help me choose colors for each person since she was here home from College. It was also hard to hide from her because of that.
From left to right, my DD#3 Megan, DD#1 Elizabeth (she's the army sergeant) DH's brothers wife Carrie, Maya DS's current girlfriend, Myself (the fat one) My MIL Marilyn and SIL Cynthia. I also made one for DD#2 Jennifer (she doesn't live in the same town) and for DS's ex girlfriend Emily, who we really enjoy having hang out here.

Taken in front of my home Christmas Day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64242[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64237.jpe