Old 06-24-2015, 03:42 AM
morganfam7

I'm new here, and I'm so glad to have found this tutorial! I'm trying to restore my husband's Grandmother's 1923 Singer 66 treadle head. I've soaked it with Mr. Wrench penetrating oil and wiped it off which helped a lot. I've soaked rusty parts in lamp oil because that was the closest thing to kerosene I could find. Then I was told about the Evaporust. I'll be looking for that and the other things in your tutorial. Do you like PB over Mr. Wrench? Should I get some of that or stay the course with Mr. Wrench? This machine is chipping paint. Do I try to get the chipped paint off somehow? Before I was pointed toward this tutorial, I thought of using Krud Kutter from Home Depot that is supposed to turn rusted metal to black after chemically reacting with the rust. I was a little afraid of it, and now I'm glad I waited. Here are before and then after I sprayed this old girl with Mr. Wrench. I think I'll name her Shorty after my husband's Grandmother. Do you think these decals will come out to play once I use your method?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523291[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]523292[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20150618-img_0604.jpg   20150618-img_0612-3.jpg   20150618-img_0606.jpg