View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:10 AM
asabrinao

Default Moving to Kentucky

Hello, All,

I'm moving to Danville, Kentucky in exactly five weeks. Yikes! Although sad to leave the Cleveland, Ohio area, I'm excited for the new adventure.

Danville is about 40 minutes south of Lexington. I don't know much about the area and welcome any suggestions and advice about quilting-related things to do in Kentucky--in addition, of course, to the National Quilt Museum in Paducah. (And, hey, and if you want to let me know your favorite restaurant, place to shop, independent bookstore, yoga studio, weekend bike route, camping spot, hair salon, grocery store, farmers' market, coffee/tea shop, etc., I'm collecting suggestions for those too!)

Though I'm mostly excited to explore the area and see what it has to offer, I'm especially on the lookout for fabric stores that have more than just quilting cottons. I sew garments and, in my quilts, use a lot of wool, corduroy, flannel, cotton, and silk (been experimenting with leather too). I almost never use prints, so a place that has a variety of high-quality solid or mostly-solid fabric in a variety of materials would be the candy store of my dreams.

Also, I'm the proud owner of two Juki's. From the Juki website, I see the closest dealer is in Louisville (Austin's). Anyone have experience with them? Good, fair prices on maintenance, etc.?

As always, so appreciative of the warmth and good advice on this board.

Best,
A