View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 PM
purpleleaf

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
It's relatively fast and easy to add a label and I do mine as the last, finishing touch. Make them as simple or as intricate as you want, or as the occasion merits, but please try to get in the habilt of doing it. Think about that child who will someday be handed a quilt by his mother and told, "They say this was made by your great-great-grandmother back at the beginning of this century, but no one knows for sure." Let them be sure!
This is actually what prompted me to ask - my husband is on my case about labeling. And I blew him off until I thought about the quilts that we have around the house that my grandmother made (we know more about those because her daughters recognize some of the fabrics as dresses they wore and can approximate when they were made based on those), but my husband has some gorgeous ones that his great-great grandmother or great-grandmother made (or possibly some quilts were made by one and some by the other), but we know very little about the quilts, and I would love to have a label on them!