View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 07:13 AM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Birdscraps View Post
One that comes to mind is M&L fabrics in Anaheim, California. Back many years when and M&L were alive (I can't remember their names but they were a husband/wife team) they had a huge store with piles and piles of fabric stacked so high that several times when I went I was afraid to walk down the aisles for fear of the stacks tipping over. Since M&L passed away their daughters took the store over and I believe it was around this same time that they were cited by the fire department as being a fire danger. The store closed for a short time and reopened much more organized. They still have stacks of fabric but they are on tables and are much more manageable. I try and make a trip their about once a quarter to see what's new. Some of their very old fabrics are at rock bottom prices, like $2.99/yard! Here's a link to their website http://mandlfabricsdiscountstore.com/
Some of this information is incorrect. Yes, the man who ran M&L died of a complication from an illness but it is his niece Jenny who has taken over the store. She has her own fabric store called Jenny's fabric located in Fountain Valley, CA. The flat folds use to be stack very high but Jenny has cut down on the height. Did hear about the Fire Department shutting them down but doesn't surprise me. The quality of the fabric found in the flat fold section is of a much lesser quality than in the old days. I have shopped at this store for over 30 years and their present location is the third location this store has had. Am going there after the fourth of July. They don't have any presence of selling fabrics online.