View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 PM
ConnieF

I love the surger. Mine is about 20 years old and still purrs away. I use it a lot.... I surge all FQ's before I pre wash then so they do don't fray. I do not cut any off just finish the edge. And make napkins with the rolled edge. I would not every buy an off brand or get at any place they do not have in house service , Like Hancocks, or JoAnns and WalMart.
I wouldn't want to have to send it out to get it checked out or fixed.... I am looking so forward to the 5 thread for my next one. I want to be able to do the cover stitch for crafts and fleece etc. I would give up fabric if I didn't have one and I LOVE fabric.... Tee Hee. I have a White which was owned by Viking at the time I got mine. I will be getting the new Husky Lock next. 5 thread. I think if you get a good one you will use it when you see how and what all you can do with it, and yes I have pieced on mine tooooo. Like camp blankets etc. Again I love a serger.... Awsome to finish aprons. I do a 3 thread serge and then it rolls to make a perfect hem. Do you have a friend you can try before you get one....