View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Genden

Just an update. The person I spoke to at the store where I purchased my Bernina said that they could not honor the birthday cleaning because it was past the birthday date. I did explain my situation and she said that it was out of their hands because Bernina pays for the birthday service. I emailed Bernina and got a reply this morning that it is the dealer that is responsible for the birthday cleaning. I called the dealership and asked for the manager and explained my situation and what I was told, then read the response from Bernina. She backed down and said to bring it in and they would take care of it. The problem is not Bernina. I really like the machine. The problem is with the dealership. I had a few issues at the time of purchase and I know others have had problems too. I did want a Bernina and there are only two other dealerships for Bernina in my state and they are both a distance to drive. The dealer I purchased my Bernina from is only ten minutes from my home. Anyway, at this point it looks like things are resolved. It takes seven to ten days before I get my machine back and I will miss it, but I think you are all right that a regular cleaning and servicing is the right thing to do. One final point, I think that the dealership should send a notice or email reminder of the anniversary date. This dealership has a corner on the market and I guess they don't have to adhere to good business practice.