Old 06-26-2015, 01:55 PM
surelyujest71

(in response to a post from a yr ago - then I discovered other's had already posted much of what I had to say here. Ah, well.)

I know that machine! My own vintage machine is a SewMor 900 Zig Zag. Every detail is exactly the same, aside from the badge on the front. I picked mine up at Goodwill a couple years back for $10. I only just started using it, though! I had the hardest time getting my mom to teach me anything about it - she always had other things she wanted to do while visiting. So, I've oiled it, and found out what I could about it. For this machine, parts were apparently sourced from multiple countries in Asia, but the motor itself was from Belgium. And.... that's all I could find out. That, and the original sewing machine manual for the machine! So if you haven't found the correct manual for yours yet, I'll gladly email copies of it out. For comparison's sake, I'm including a photo of my machine. I had to replace the belts - the drive belt worked, but was showing it's age, but the bobbin winder tire was just missing. Good thing this machine takes the standard "singer" belts. She runs beautifully, and quietly, too. Forgive the surrounding mess - I've got her set up on the dining table, for the moment.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]523571[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Chris77 View Post
New to the forums, this looks like the place to ask about my new CL find. Seems to be the same as some of the models posted here, different badging. The only place I can find reference to country of origin is on the motor (which says Kitchener, Canada). The machine came with next to nothing though and I sadly discovered it's missing the bobbin holder. Anyone know where I can get one and what model I'm looking for. Would also love to find a manual (though it looks like the one in this thread may suffice) and a zig-zag foot, although that's not totally necessary as my wife intends to use it for straight stitches (shirring mostly). Finally, at the risk of being too long winded if anyone can offer cleaning tips I'd be really grateful. There appears to be a serial number stamped into the frame YZ9 2489, if that helps. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails 100_0831.jpg  

Last edited by surelyujest71; 06-26-2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: I was late. lol.