Old 06-26-2015, 02:23 PM
surelyujest71

Default SewMor 900 ZZ - How old is it?

As you may have gleaned from my (late!) post above, I picked up this SewMor 900 ZZ machine a few years ago at Goodwill. I just pulled it out the other day, and gave it a little oil, and "Hooray!" it works, and works beautifully. I replaced the drive belt and bobbin winder tire, as the old belt is showing cracks from age, and the bobbin winder tire was missing.

One of the main things that brought me to this forum was a search to discover just when my machine was made. If it was made over multiple years, then I'd like to know at least which time period.... Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything. I found the JA number - JA39 2988. So far, according to the "VintageJapanSewingMachines" yahoo group's JA number list, all I can tell is that it's a Japanese made machine; I already knew that!

I think it's beautiful, though, anyway. It's my first (working) sewing machine! (This, and a children's Singer that'll run on batteries....) This being my first (official?) post to introduce myself... my machine.... umm... so, anyway, this'll be the first "official" pic of my machine on here. The other one we can consider a product of enthusiasm.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]523588[/ATTACH]
New to the forum, but I've been immersed in all of your machines for days, now. Hello, everyone!
Attached Thumbnails 100_0831.jpg