View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 02:24 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
Thanks CD! I saw your "Paddy" on your site, I thought that was really interesting that you've turned it into a treadle! I STILL haven't sewn on a treadle but I'm convinced some day the right one will come along.

Thanks for the information - that jives with most of what I found online. I might email Singer to see if they have anything to add; if I do I will report back what they have to say.

From what I've read, needles that fit the 306 should fit the 319, but obviously I haven't tested that.

It IS a nice looking machine, I'm really pleased with it so far. The paint is nearly perfect and so far I haven't found any problems. It needs a new belt (which I have) and I noticed one of the screws that can limit the bight is missing, but that's not a big deal. I'm looking forward to sewing with it this weekend, hopefully the needle it has isn't too dull!
Yes the needles are the same for models 206, 306, 319 and 320. CD, the 306x1-3 will fit any of these machines too. All of them use the same needles. You can use a 15x1 in them as long as you don't try to zig-zag. It's the zig-zagging 15x1 needle that hits the bobbin case, and straight stitching won't cause a problem.

Nearly all the 319s and 320s I've had were missing the bight screw. Not sure why.