View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 04:53 AM
Billi

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
LOVE counted cross stich - loved doing and creating all the intricate pictures. But that was before arthritis. now I create with material!! Started matching my stash with the fabric, and then looking (again) at different block patterns until something calls out to me. But that got all interrupted. My DH decided to use the handheld steam cleaner to defrost our small freezer the other day. the next day my allergies really were bothering me, and today I noticed the carpet under the freezer was still wet. We pulled out the rug and it was filled with black mold. The rug under it was filled with black mold. Allergic to mold so my head started to spin and I had to leave. He has washed, and sprayed it with everything except bleach , lifted it up off the floor below and used the wet vac. Still can't get near the area, which means the entire living area. So sewing will be on hold here.
Of course I escaped to the beach with a book and enjoyed the sunshine. The local Brewery a mile down the road is having a band and serving tacos outside with their beer tonight, so I will have to go there for dinner. Always turn a bad situation to a good one!!
While, having a built in excuse for not being able to help and having beer and tacos on the beach for dinner is even better. Black mold is icky icky icky. Yes that is a technical term, hahahaha I hope TravelingGrandpa gets it all fixed soon.

where are you right now?