View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 10:56 AM
margecam52

Quilting will make this quilt! Quilt it in a pale, variegated thread that goes from green to blues...almost white. The white won't be so bright, and the darks will mute a bit.
If you are really tired of it...you could donate it and the fabrics to me...I'll finish & quilt it..LOL... I really think you should finish this...even as a table runner, wall hanging, etc. I love the colors & think you will also, once you are finished with it.

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
I am about halfway through a SAS that I have had in the UFO stack for several years. I bought all the material, started one corner (the green blocks) and put it away for when I had "more time." It doesn't have a recipient, just me. I think they are beautiful and wanted to do one. Now I realize they are very repetitive, seriously demanding on accuracy, and require LOTS of pieces! This one is disappointing for 2 reasons, outside of the labor required. It's too white and the theme fabric is overwhelmed by the solid colored diamonds. Wish I'd reversed the fabrics. You can see the edge of the dark teal. There is a purple band between the dark teal and the dark blue. The dark blue is not spatially correct. It's actually the lower right hand corner. I know several of you have made this pattern. Any suggestions or encouragement at this stage?