View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 12:54 PM
caspharm

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I forgot to add, it is a computerized machine. We are having lots of fun learning, but want to fix the mistakes.
Did you do any calculations before you loaded the pattern into the machine? I believe most computerized systems have a way to input the quilt dimensions in order to size the pattern to fit the quilt. That is what I saw at my LQS that had a Statler Stitcher on their Gammill. I know that even the Pantovision setup that Innova sells (even though it is not a computerized stitching program), it is a system that uses software so you can do a panto from the front and also allows the user to adjust the size to fit the quilt by inputting the dimensions of the quilt.

For doing a panto by "hand," I know you can calculate how many rows you can fit on the quilt and adjust accordingly.

As far as fixing the mistakes, you will have to get friendly with your seam ripper and remove the overlap rows, figure how much you can fit in the space, and requilt them. As far as burble areas, you will have to remove them as well and requilt them. For the bobbin areas, you could possibly do them on your DSM, but the rows should be done on the LA. Is it yours, or a rental?