View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 09:48 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Petthefabric, Innova machines do not require oiling like a gammel and letting it sit. You only put a small drop in the hook assembly, turn the hand wheel a rotation to distribute it and we are good to go. We do not need to warm up our machines either. Turn it on and you can start quilting immediately. One can also occasionally oil the needle bar area and if they have an older style upper tension assembly it is recommended to use sewers aid silicon lubricant in the felts.

I suspect it was a blob of lint in the bobbin case spring. That is one of the biggest reasons I quilt with mostly polyester thread. While there are cottons I really like, I always end up with some tension problems midway through the quilt, mid bobbin due to a lint blob. It is especially frustrating when doing pantos from the back because, inevitably, I will end up having to rip a good portion of the row because I was unaware of the issue. When using cotton and a panto, I do check tension on every single row and I will often clean out the bobbin area between too. Some threads are much worse than others.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 06-28-2015 at 09:51 AM.