Old 06-28-2015, 02:15 PM
DonnaC

Default My Janome Sew Mini and Her First (Mini) Quilt! plus, Another Mini

I finally gave up and purchased an adorable Janome Sew Mini machine! I told myself it would be great if I need to go to someone else's house and mend something. That sounds like a good excuse, right? Anyway, the color is Honeycomb, so of course I named her Honey. The little yellow mini-quilt below, which is about the size of a large mug rug (9" x 11"), is the first item that I sewed on Honey. I used a pack of Moda Mini-Charms, Block Party by Sandy Gervais, and my Sizzix mini-tumbler die.

It just so happened that a Sewing Mates Adjust-Table that I already had fits Honey perfectly, so I have a bigger surface should I want to make a larger quilt or item using the little gal.

The second mini-quilt below measures 16" x 16" and was made with another Moda Mini-Charm pack, Color Theory by Vanessa Christenson. The pattern is called Cross-Eyed and is from the booklet Micro Mini Quilts by Moose on the Porch Quilts. I was trying very, very hard to be "random" when I made this one... I am not usually good at fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants stuff, I am more of an OCD planning type person (LOL). I'm not quite sure I achieved a good sort of random here. This will be a table-topper.
Attached Thumbnails sew-mini-2.jpg   sew-mini-3.jpg   little-yellow-2.jpg   blue-mini-charm-table-topper.jpg