Old 06-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Sandi

Default Large print

That's a beautiful Jacobean design on your fabric - I would ask yr family first before cutting into it. If it were mine, I would do the whole quilt with center panel, a border, then more fabric for the sides. It's a beautiful piece- you could make slipcovers for a chair
Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
I am trying to clean out my stash of fabric, and boy is it hard.. I have got bolts of fabric stacked up and can not find what color I need when I start a quilt so I end up going out and buy the color I need..this has to stop...so I am cleaning out and trying to put the colors together so I can find what I need when I start a quilt..

I found this fabric and it is really good fabric it is like a polished cotton, I think I was going to try and make some curtains for our bedroom at one time but now have blinds so don't need to make any....the colors would go well in my son and daughter inlaw bedroom so I thought I would use it to make a quilt of some kind for them..

The problem is that it is a big print and don't think it would look good just cut up and them sewed together to make a block of some kind..Seeing it is a big print would it look ok just using the print on top sewing two pieces of fabric together to make it wide enough and the put a boarder around it for the side drop,I have 10 yds of it and it is 54 inches wide, so two lengths of fabric would cover the top and then some..I think it would be like a whole quilt top, I think that is what you call this or a cheater quilt top..

Can anyone come up with a idea on making a quilt using this large print..I have never used a large print like this in a quilt. Thanks for your help...