Old 06-30-2015, 09:03 PM
sherian

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Sheridan, that machine's finish will clean up just fine and it looks like the shuttle is there. You need a slide plate. I have rigged a piece of plastic over the whole bottom of the machine before - it is neat to be able to watch as it sews. Look for Glenn's how to fix up the finish on the old machines and try it - I think it is in the sticky notes. That machine has a nice heavy fly wheel and will treadle like nobody's business. Then look up Muv's info on the old long bobbin machines. She has tons and tons of videos that will walk you right through making that machine sew like a champ.
I am looking at this blog so much information it is great. As I have I am reading and searching, really like the Garrett Morgan story, and Steve has a lot here. There is a few others also, good information and how to here.
Question is there anything that should be under the sewing machine it self. First I will track missing parts.

I also have a featherweight which my mother in law pasted to me, it is in very good shape and I love it. I took care of her for more than 30 yrs. She never drove(car) or went out of the house much. She was a great cook and called me her daughter.

Last edited by sherian; 06-30-2015 at 09:07 PM.