View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 10:17 AM
ThayerRags

I think that you'll enjoy it. My wife and I thought that we would soon grow tired of the “coin toss” method of selecting where to go, but we didn’t. It was a little bit hectic in the beginning when we would wait to flip the coin until we were approaching the intersection though. The wife would begin to panic when I’d flip the coin only to miss it and have to find it in my lap or on the floor, while she was rapidly approaching the point where she needed to decide which way to go. LOL!! Once we began flipping the coin well ahead of the possible change in routes, we were able to relax and enjoy the trip more.

BTW: Steve, I liked your challenge with the close-up photo of your newest machine acquisition, and I have a non-sewing treasure that I picked up on this trip that I need help identifying as to actual name and use. So, I have a “what is it?” too. I’m hoping someone on the QB knows about this tool. I know it’s something associated with shoe repair or construction, but I’d like to learn what it is called and how it is used. Is it an anvil, or a last? What type of shoes is/was it used with, and for what purpose? It’s 12-inches long, tip to tip, and weighs over 6 pounds. It’s got the number “4” on it. It’s heavy enough that it seems to me like it should be some kind of anvil, and I’ve seen different sizes of them around before, but I’ve never seen one in use. Any help?

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails cobbler_tool_01.jpg