View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 10:42 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
WOW, that took a lot of confidence to flip a coin. Hope you didn't loose that lucky coin. Did you stop by Hobbs batting which I think is located in Waco?? Always wanted to go there.
LOL! Before leaving, my wife told customers that she was going to be closed for a week, and then would have to fill in the why, what, and where. Upon learning of our coin-toss trip, it was about a 50/50 split between those who were appalled and those who thought is was a terrific idea.

During our trip, it was interesting to see the facial expressions when we were asked “How did you find our shop?” and we would answer “With a coin toss”. Or when ready to leave, we would usually ask if there were more Fabric/Quilting or Antique/Junk shops in the area, and they would usually then ask which way we were headed. The times that we had to say “We don’t know yet” sometimes drew blank looks. Of course, then we had to explain about our coin toss method of navigation....

No, we didn’t stop by Hobbs. We need to go there sometime too. We need some more batting (we stock the big rolls), but we have a place in McKinney Texas where we get our Hobbs Batting. It’s a little closer to us. Besides that, we were in the car, and we usually fill the back of our pickup and camper shell when we make a batting run. I’m not sure that those big rolls will fit into our little car, especially with all of our travel junk already taking up space.

CD in Oklahoma