Old 07-02-2015, 10:51 AM
ansew

Default Help finding a picture---it's driving me Crazy!

This is like looking for a needle in a haystack!!!

About a a couple months or so ago, I came across a posting of scrap quilts, I believe. One quilt in particular caught my eye in this posting. I thought I had bookmarked, pinterest pinned it, etc., but to No avail can I find it anywhere. There were other pictures of scrap quilts from other posters. I have used the search feature and still can not find the original posting to find the picture within the posting. Hopefully someone can help.

The one quilt that caught my eye was a scrap quilt where one sewed alternate light and dark strips at a 45 degree angle until you had the width of your desired size. If I remembered correctly, this person had a bag of light strips and a bag of dark strips and just pulled out from the bag what was needed. So, one row alternated light, dark, light, dark, etc. The next row would be dark, light, dark, light, etc., and each row would alternate and be staggered from the previous row for the length of the quilt. The strips were not WOF strips, but rather much shorter, but all all the same length---so probably something like 2 1/2" by 6 1/2" or 8 1/2". The strips ran horizontal across the bed much like a jelly roll race, but when the rows were joined, it looked like the light/dark strips were zigzagging up the length of the quilt. Make sense? I don't believe there were any seams to match, so would be super easy to make and a great way to use up scraps.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I think the original posting was within the last couple of months, but I cannot be certain, but again, there were multiple pictures from multiple posters. I have looked/searched under "scrap", "favorite", "pattern", "jelly roll", "charity", and still cannot find it.

Any help in locating this picture would be most appreciated.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 05:25 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS