View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 03:31 PM
patmas57

Default Card Trick block

I bought a fat quarter assortment years ago called "Avalon" without knowing what I wanted to make out of it. I just really liked the fabrics. Sound familiar? After visiting some old college friends in California, I decided to make a set of placemats for one of my friends. So I combined my fascination with the Card Trick block and my lovely Avalon fabrics. So far, this is the only one (out of four) that I've completed. It took me about two-and-a-half hours to sew it together because I really didn't want to have to unsew it and wanted to get the construction right the first time. I did purchase another fabric for the background; It looks black but has a bit of darkish blue in it that the other fabrics pick up. I will add some of other fabrics, which are more directional (lined, even) to the sides and have a batik for the backs. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I hope this weekend I can complete at least one more block, maybe even two! I haven't told me friend I'm making these for him, so I don't have any time pressure at least.
Attached Thumbnails card-trick-block_resized.jpg