Old 07-03-2015, 05:23 AM
nanna-up-north

Default LBB block #11 and #12 done .... now I'm off to make a few corner and side triangles

It's summer holiday time and I'm still working on the LBB (Little Brown Bird) blocks for my quilt. The vase is #11 with 60 pieces and the spiral block #12 has 80 pieces. And with these done I have 3 of the 4-block sections completed. There are 9 of those 4-block sections in this quilt. I'm going to take a break from these flower blocks to complete a few corner and side triangles but I'll post those too for you all that are following my progress. Then, I'll get back to the 28 remaining flower blocks and borders. And, happy 4th of July to you all.

The LBB book is no longer in print but available at times from eBay and Amazon. The needle turn applique is enhanced by embroidery and pigma pen markings and some of the flower petals and other features are stuffed with a little bit of batting. You can see more of my blocks by going to my album here on QB. Click on my name above my picture, click on 'view profile' and scroll down on the left. I'm adding these instructions because someone always asks how to get to albums after I've posted a block.

Thanks for looking and have a great quilting day.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-11.jpg   lbb-12.jpg