Old 07-03-2015, 06:50 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by JBeamer View Post
Also as a real newbie to vintage machines, why is this one called a 2 spool? I only see one spool "spike" or what ever the thread holder is called. Thanks
You have to go back again and look at the pictures of the "can". That can is a "bobbin case" and held a small spool of thread. The pictures don't show the spool in the can, but it's in there. I can see the thread dangling. The ones I have usually held 125 yards. Most bobbins hold about 35 yards.

I have an Eldredge Two Spool that has been electrified. It came in a carry case, no cabinet. The foot control is very different. How I got it is interesting also.
I had been going to my "young sewing machine guy" for fixing some other machines, and he said he had something to show me. There was an Eldredge Two Spool. He said he had found it in their shed. Nobody seems to remember how it got in the shed, but they have moved to the new store not more than 10 years ago. His dad didn't know. Maybe they have to ask Grandpa.
It came with a spool made of plastic foam, as in packing material type white foam. But I have since found quite a few spools of wood. What I have thought about doing, was to find a person with a lathe and have them make a spool with a deeper inset, to hold more thread.