View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 06:13 AM
Jratcliff

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
It's a marketing gimmick. They do sneaky, back-handed tricks like sending you a DVD you never ordered, and then they bill you for it.

Here's another perspective on the company: http://thebitchystitcher.blogspot.co...-for-this.html

I'm with the others - there is so much free content out there, ripe for the picking. Don't buy something just because it's cheap. Most reputable outfits will let you try once for free, so you can judge the content for yourself and see if it's something you're interested in.
I joined some time ago when they had the year for $8 and have never received any DVD's or anything I never ordered. What I do get, when I view the free videos without logging on is a popup to join. I've watched a number of the videos, some of which are good and others not what I am interested in so I've definitely gotten more than an $8 value from the site. Especially when you think about the cost of a single magazine! I think for a beginner quilter, it is a huge value as it seems most of the videos are geared toward beginners. As an experienced quilter, I would not renew or buy at any higher price.