Old 07-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Jeanette Frantz

Beautiful-Sound, Welcome to the Quilting Board. I have been sewing for the majority of my life -- I'm 70 now, so I've been at it a while. However, I just got into the quilting part of it in the past few years. I did make one baby quilt about 13 years ago. My son was born in Longview, Texas, and we really loved living there. My husband attended LeTourneau University (it was LeTourneau College at that time -- in the mid 1960's). There are more folks who are experts and who are very helpful when it comes to quilting and these old vintage machines (which I love, but which I can't really afford to collect). Despite economics, I have seemed to acquire quite a few vintage machines. My son bought a white Featherweight at the local Goodwill Store for $50; he bought a Singer 403A at the same Goodwill Store for $41, which I think were fantastic buys. I have a 328K which my husband bought for me new the first Christmas we were married (1963), I inherited a National Two Spool treadle machine which at one time belonged to my husband's great-grandmother, I have two Singer Golden Touch 'N Sews which my son picked up for free (because something major was broken--don't recall what -- and he got them to learn how to work on sewing machines; I also have a Singer 1425, a Singer 201(1952) with potted motor, a Baby-Lock Serger, and two more which I haven't even seen yet --Singer 185, and Singer Athena 1200-I think. Okay, I've said enough about me. Please post photos of your machines and your quilts! If I can ever help you, I'll be glad to try, but I'm still a rank amateur! Again, welcome!

Jeanette