Old 07-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Caroline94535

Learn something new every day!

Thanks to everyone, and thanks especially for the "search the 'sold' listings" tip. Can you believe that I've been using eBay since about 2001 and never knew about the search for sold items. Thanks again!

Now, as to the item in question. I had found two; one was priced $X, and the other was priced $X plus 105 dollars more. That was a cost spread for sure.

Before reading about the "search" function here, I decided to do what I've done in the past and usually with good luck. I submitted a "Best Offer" for what the item was worth to me. I wrote a polite note, hit submit, and knew the seller would "accept" the offer, or not, or laugh in my face!

I've learned that no matter how enticing an item can be, or how bad I "want" it, if I don't get it the first time, another one will come around. Or I'll stumble upon it in a thrift shop/yard sale/estate auction. Nothing, at least in my price ranges, is that rare! LOL

And guess what! The kind seller accepted my offer. I should have the little doo-dad next weekend.

I did check the "search sold" and I am happy with the outcome.

Last edited by Caroline94535; 07-05-2015 at 01:05 PM.