View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Leann

I hope everyone is enjoying a safe holiday weekend. Annaquilts, I love your patriotic quilt. Great use of color and design. I have one on my someday list.

Pat, sounds like you had an amazing time! Sounds like your knee did not hinder you at all!

I've been faithfully doing PT twice daily. I have no stamina and get tired of sitting/laying around. I had hoped I would be like Pat and not have much pain; I have way more than I want. I try to walk around my grassed-in area every hour or so to try to deter the pain, plus to just move a little. I see my surgeon on Thursday and I'm hoping he clears me for driving. Also see my primary for followup blood work; seems I am anemic because of blood loss from surgery #1. Then I also have physical therapy M - W - F. I try to save pain meds for bedtime, but today I have had one twice already. That much pain meds in my system makes me foggy headed - don't wanna surf, read, sew, etc. But, I do believe that I get stronger with each day - I'm just impatient. It takes me 2-3 hours to shower, shave my legs, and wash/dry my hair. Pat, did you have to wear 'tent hose'? I'm supposed to wear mine for 6 weeks from my last surgery - only 3 more to go. Funny thing - my dear hubby thinks they are the sexiest thing I can wear.