View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Karamarie

Elisabrat & Whitepine- I just love love love your progress. I'm working on a project that isn't as fun as quilting but it needs to be done. I'm making 125" wide fully lined pleated drapes for our family room. What makes it kind of hard is I have to be up & down on the floor and then going up and down the stairs as I do the sewing upstairs and the rest on main floor where I can lay large panels on carpeted floors so isn't so hard on the knees. It is a job but what I am saving will keep me in my quilting habit quite a while. But I do know now why they charge so much to have custom drapes. Measure, measure, measure, fold, cut, measure some more, etc. etc. The reason why I am making lined pleated drapes is it really keeps the cold and heat out and they are on a traverse rod so they can be opened & closed easily. Enough on my project. Will get it done this week for sure - can't stand unfinished projects spread all over the house. Anyway am checking in every day to see your progress - keep up the fabulous work.