View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 07:17 PM
meanmom

Lynne I could only walk on mostly level ground for the first 4 or 5 weeks. Walking in the grass was hard at first. I stayed on the sidewalks. Hopefully your surgeon has some suggestions for your pain. I was lucky there too, I only took 2 pain pills after I came home at night so I could sleep better. I also was able to get rid of the tent hose when I came home. I had very little swelling. I still have a little bit of swelling from time to time. The doctor said that was normal and could continue for quite some time. I think I was the exception for recovery and was very lucky. I was anemic for a while too and didn't have a lot of energy. Keep up your PT, I did find that moving helped me feel better. I hope things get better for you. I was bored sitting around too.
I stepped on the scale this morning it was not good news. Back to eating right in the morning. I do notice that I kinda feel lousy and sluggish since I have been eating so bad. We found a French bakery and went there twice plus bought some home with us. I had a real croissant and some other things. OMG was it all good. I am heading to Costco in the morning to get some veggies etc.
Good luck to everyone.
Pat