Thread: I pad decision
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 06:49 AM
romanojg

I think you need to check them all out and see what has the most features that you would use. The biggest draw back that I've ever seen with Apple (ipad) is that you can't use an SD card so once you run out of memory that's it. I don't have the Kindle but they have so many different models and price points that most would be able to find one to fit into their budget and needs. I have several Nooks, Nook tablets and now the Samsung Galaxy thru Nook, I love my Nooks, all of them. I can go to all websites with all of them. Only the first one they had allowed you to pay extra for ATT for internet. A lot of people don't want the extra bill especially when you can go to most fast foods or coffee shops and get it for free. You don't have to go inside either. The nook supports multiple platforms and has some mini versions of Office so that you can do more with it. Mine also takes really good pictures and my grandkids love the Nook for you tube because all they have to do is speak into it and it'll take them where they want to go. This is really great for the 4yr old who can't spell yet and loves how to videos. I love that if I have an issue I can go into the local store to get help. None of these tablets will be replacing the computer in the near future at least. None of them have the capabilities to install software on them like a pc can. You could get a small netbook that has all of these features but is just a small laptop so you can do it all. Like I said, go to Best Buy, or any store that sells it al and check them out and see which would suit your needs and price point. If its just for downloading books or magazines, Barnes and Noble and probably other sites have a free ereader that can download to you pc.