View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Dedemac

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Dedemac - I've got a GFG that my Mom started for one of my sisters (30 years ago) that I've been occasionally working on. it needed 12 more flowers, so I used Mom's template and dug out retro looking fabric and got them sewing together - only to find my Mom was not very good with her 1/4" seam and all my blocks are too large compared to hers LOL!!

So I dug out more fabric and started over. I cut a smaller template - and I'm paying way more attention and checking the size of each round. I'm learning what a challenge it is to finish up someone else's projects. My mom had a lot of quilt related UFO's, as she did if for several years and then took up crocheting, and never went back to making quilts. No one else in the family quilts, so I "inherited" it all.

She also had a flower basket quilt - and according to her notebook, I beleive it was suppose to be for her Mother (who passed away in 1994) so I'll keep this one for myself. I think I want to quilt flowers in the baskets -

Macybaby, I to had the problem with the size of her flowers, so our solution was to add the extra circle of black. Which I created the circle then I centered it as best I could and appliqued it to the flowers to get them all to the same size. So the extra size of the flowers with the center diamonds will create something with 32 flowers, to fit our Queen bed. So everything that is colored is hers with the exception of one of her blocks that just would not lay flat! I took that one apart and re-stitched it. It is satisfying to finish a family project for my DH as he does not have much from his parents or grandparents.