Old 07-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Sewnoma

Default I had to go back and get it, and glad I did

I saw this 128 over the weekend, and I thought it was really nice but also thought the price was just a little bit too high at $65. I'm trying to only buy machines that are either super awesome or super cheap.

It wouldn't leave my mind though, so today after work (short day) I decided to go have another look. Turns out that today it's on sale for half-off! It was meant to be!

So, here's my newest lovely. I LOVE the motor & foot pedal on this thing, I've seen pictures of similar - this is not what this machine would have come with, correct? Is this the type of pedal that gets really hot? (I didn't get a very good shot of the pedal, it's the cast iron foot-shaped kind with the big round part you see in picture 2)

The motor isn't detached; it pivots around to this position so it can fit in the case.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524445[/ATTACH]

Top of the pedal, trying to show wire toastiness, sorry for the flash burn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524448[/ATTACH]

Neat, I love accessories!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524446[/ATTACH]

Motor in working position; there's a spring dangling off of it, not sure where that hooks in yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524447[/ATTACH]

The wires are pretty toasty so I haven't plugged it in yet. Anything special or important I need to know about this motor? (It's a Hamilton Beach SewEZ sewing machine motor.) I'm hoping to keep it on the machine.

I looked up her serial number, she's from 1919. Everything moves really nicely, the decals are a bit cracked here and there but otherwise really bright and pretty and not much wear considering her age. She's a looker for sure. She came with a manual for a knee-lift 128, and a bentwood case. The case is locked and someone decided to just Hercules the lid off so the screws ripped out of the wood and some stuff bent but they included all the bits so I think I can fix it.

(Please ignore all the junk in the background...I just shoved the rusty 15 I have in pieces aside for some quick photos, LOL)
Attached Thumbnails singer_128_01.jpg   singer_128_02.jpg   singer_128_07.jpg   singer_128_04.jpg