View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 PM
Billi

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Hi Billi,

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn in the Seaworld Beach area. What would you say is the best beach in San Diego? You're right there are a lot of options. I would like to stop at one of the quilt shops that is doing the row by row quilts? Do you by chance know if there is more than one shop in your area? Love the beach theme they are doing this year.
That's a good area to be in you should see the SeaWorld fireworks every night these stores are all participating in the row by row the first three are about 20 minutes from where you are staying in the East County mine and quiltaddicts neck of the woods and are not far from each other. Of those three Rosies is the biggest with a very,very large selection with rooms dedicated to asian prints, civil war, and kid prints my favorite is the selection of san diego prints that you can only get at Rosies. The 2 after that are further away maybe 40 minutes in the north county. Quilt in a day is also very large with a huge room dedicated to reduced priced fabrics.

Rosie's Calico Cupboard
7151 El Cajon Blvd. Suite F
San Diego, CA 92115
www.rosiescalicocupboard.com

Cozy Creative Center
756 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
www.cozycreative.com

Memory Lane Quilt Shop
1626 N. Magnolia Avenue
El Cajon CA 92020
www.memorylanequiltshop.com

Quilt in a Day
1955 Diamond Street
San Marcos, CA 92078
www.quiltinaday.com

Fat Quarters Quilt Shop
728 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA 92084
www.fatquartersquiltshop.com

Best beach in San Diego also voted one of the best in the nation is Coronado if you go take the time to visit the hotel Del its absolutely beautiful. I also love La Jolla Cove. be warned we do not have what most people think of as warm water its currently running about 68 degrees and I am most people I never get in our water till about August.

I hope you enjoy our beautiful city. If you come to the east county shops and would like to meet for coffee or tea send me a pm if things are good I would love to see you. But I also understand if things don't work out.