Thread: Servicing..?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 12:17 PM
donnajean

Find a location that they service the machine on site. Many shops have someone pick up machines once a week to take to another location. And, if you should need a part, expect them to have the machine even longer. My neighbor is without her Viking high end embroidery machine for almost 3 weeks now. We actually drove from Southeast PA to Lawrenceville, NJ to a Viking Dealer and when I asked if they serviced on site, we were told "yes". Then my neighbor was told later that the machines were sent to their Bordentown, NJ site for servicing. It would have been closer for us to drive to Bordentown. Today, we found that there is another location that would have serviced the machine cheaper, but I don't think they are a Viking Dealer. The Viking dealer is charging $249.00, plus parts. I took my 1996 Viking Rose in for the 1st time year before last. That cost me $149.00 and I did not even take the embroidery attachment in. I later found that I did not have a problem with the machine itself. I actually wore out the Walking Foot.