View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 07:35 AM
NikkiLu

I did not know it was expired. My daughter lives in Paducah and we go there a couple of times a year and ALWAYS go to Hancocks of Paducah and I ALWAYS buy fabric. So, a year ago, she went into the store and purchased an E-Gift Card for me. Hancocks of Paducah then sent me an email/birthday card, telling me that I had "money to spend" online. But, there was no expiration date on the E-Gift Card. I was "saving" my gift card until I found something that I needed or just could not live without. Yes, I knew that I had had it a long time, but I thought that there was a new law out that companies could not put out expiration dates on gift cards. Guess that did not apply to E-Gift Cards. Anyway, when I tried to use it about a week ago on a beautiful peacock panel, it had been a week over a year since I received the email and I was unable to use it. But, a phone call was all it took to be able to use it. Great customer service!

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
I don't understand. I have a lot of that now a days. But if you knew you had an expired gift card, why did you expect them to make it good? That kind of thing sinks smaller shops like a hole in a ship. Perhaps they are large enough to absorb the costs but why should they? I just don't understand.