View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 PM
cumberlandquiltchick
Banned

The only local shop here in Fernandina beach, FL has become this way. Perhaps it's a defensive reaction for their hard times with the economy, but I say there's no excuse. I've bought THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars over the last 5 or 6 years from this shop (I shutter to think exactly how much!). After a few incidents, I'm not going back. Let these places start figuring it out on their own....

One lady came in one day when I was there and said she'd found an old top her family member had left and was wanting to finish it. The owner was busy and since I'd had a business for 15 years, I helped the lady and we found batting (IN A BAG! lol), I showed her the 505 spray, pins and we were looking at fabrics for backing. WELL! Here comes the owner... she says, "you can't do that like that, well if you've never quilted before you should let a professional quilt it,etc.etc.etc.
The long and short?!!? The lady left w/out buying a thing and turned to me and said, "I'll come back to this shop next time I want to get discouraged! Thank you for your help though..."
Yes, true story.
I don't understand.