Old 07-11-2015, 04:11 AM
dd

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
I made a pillow to see if I liked the process without making too big a commitment :thumb up:

I left one side open when I stuffed. Then I pinned the pillows with puffed sides (right sides) together and sewed. It was a little bulky, but it worked fine. The seams were not pretty underneath, but along the top, the puffed parts hid the seams nicely. You could start with pairs and sew the two open sides together first, so you don't have to worry about seams not catching as you go along.

For the pillow, I made a backing that consisted of two overlapping pieces so I could stuff the pillow inside the cover, but for a blanket I would probably use the birthing method. I think that would be easier than trying to get a binding to work.
If you are using the birthing method for the backing, you have to put the backing on before you stuff, otherwise the backing is too big. http://www.awaitingada.com/2012/10/n...comment-121331 This is the instructions I saved to make one. I think babies would rather be on top of the quilt so they can finger in between the puffs rather than under it.