Old 07-11-2015, 09:26 AM
caspharm

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
Innova is the best for me also. Try some out at quilt shows if you can (it's easier to compare).
Same here, I love my Innova. I originally learned on a Nolting at my LQS (near where I lived at the time). I originally took a class and rented time on the Nolting. They moved and upgraded to a Gammill, which I rented time on. Both were unregulated machines. I had tried a Tin Lizzie at another QS near my house at the time, but wasn't ready to buy and definitely didn't know about Innovas at the time. Then we retired and moved 5 years and I had room for one. I checked out the HandiQuilter (dealer said I had to bring the 45# head in for annual service, the Gammill (too pricey and needed a diaper for oil), and some others. When I tried the Innova on a suggestion from an acquaintance, I started to fall in love (tested it once at the show) and when I tried it again at the dealer, I fell in love with her. It is very low maintenance, good support, and easy to upgrade without having to buy a new head.

However, as many others have said, try different machines out and see what is best for you. If you have a price limit, I would also suggest looking for a used machine. Sometimes, the dealer for the brand you decide will have some floor or show models at a reduced price.