View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Rodney

Nice! An old Aldens. I know the brand was around a while. I'm not sure of their history but I think they, like many others, got their start by importing 15 clones. Pure speculation and guessing on my part.
If anyone knows better, please correct me.
Rodney

I forgot to add that Olivia and I worked on two machines. The first one was a pink Featherlite that was frozen up. It belongs to a friend of a friend. Kind of a neat little machine and it makes a great straight stitch. They're a clamshell design and use a class 15 bobbin. The only way you can oil or grease them is to open them up. Freezing up from dried/no lubrication seems to be a common thing with them. They also have a Yahoo group. If you get one of these machines, joining the group is very helpful. The pictures made it very easy to see what I needed to do. Olivia and i spent about an hour freeing it up and cleaning and oiling it.
The second machine is a Kenmore 158.16510. We spent some time cleaning and oiling it. It was bone dry and looked like it had seen very little use and no oil. I think it's all metal inside. No white plastic that I could see anyway and it's certainly heavy enough. It's running smoothly but there's a problem with the zigzag stitches that I'm still working on.
Once that issue is resolved it will be a really nice machine.
Rodney

Last edited by Rodney; 07-12-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: forgot to add some stuff