Old 07-14-2015, 05:30 AM
Whigrose

ctyankee-I had never heard of these microwave bowl holders until our Lynnie mentioned them months ago (thanks Lynnie). Instead of using a pot holder when your bowl comes out of the microwave, you set your bowl inside the cozy then place it in the microwave. We also use ours for cold items to reduce warming time. Goes both ways

regm- These pedal pads are super handy. I have one for each of my regular-use machines (um, I have several What you need:
Non-skid padding
Fabric for binding and toe stop
Batting

Cut two pieces 2 pieces of the non skid padding several inches longer and a few inches wider than your foot pedal.
Prepare binding-I used 2 1/2", folded in half. You could a single layer. Place both pieces of non skid padding together. Tip-place a sheet of paper under the skid paper to maneuver while stitching, otherwise it sticks your table top/machine. I use tissue paper then tear it away.Attach binding.
Toe stop- cut a piece of fabric a few inches wider than the pad base and about 5-7"or so long, depending how thick you want it to be. Cut a piece of batting the width of your finished base and about one inch shorter than the fabric. Center the batting at one narrow edge of the fabric. Roll until the batting is covered. Fold over a hem on the exposed edge of fabric, stitch in place. Place the toe stop a bit down from one of the narrow edges of the pad, wrap the extra length of fabric around the back. Stitch in place.

Best,
deb in Maine