Thread: Your scaring me
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Bree123

Yes, I use both the Crayola Ultra Clean markers & their Ultra Clean crayons (make sure to get the Ultra Clean washable, not the regular Washable markers). The crayons are a little easier to get out of fabric than the markers, but I haven't had problems with either. On occasion, they require a bit of hand agitation to get marks to come out while soaking, but that's really about it. I love them because I get 8+ colors (8 with markers, more with the crayons) so I can get a color that will show up on any color of fabric -- which is good since somehow I am like half-blind when it comes to my quilts.

I accidentally marked 6 applique squares today with the wrong pattern on Moda Bella fabric in Snow (white) & then had to wash out the marks. Bizarrely, the light yellow-green was the hardest color to get out (I had no problem at all with the dark blue, forest green & red-violet). Even still, I grabbed my Tide pen & 30 seconds later the problem was solved. Rinsed them out, tossed them in the dryer on low & I'm ready to try again with the correct pattern. Whoops!

Other ladies in my guild have been using the markers also & swear by them. We've had issues with Frixon pen marks coming back during those polar vortexes we've had the past few winters with sub-zero weather blowing down from the Arctic, but other than that, they work great, too.